APPLYING FOR A PASSPORT
Information on how to obtain the Czech passport online
The Czech passport online is issued to Czech citizens at any age and is the primary document of international travel issued by the Czech Republic. The passport allows for free rights of movement and residence in any of the states of the European Union and the European Free Trade Association.
The passport is issued by the Interior Ministry (Ministerstvo Vitra), and as is internationally customary remains property of the Czech Republic and can be withdrawn at any time. It is a valid Proof of Citizenship document according to the Czech nationality law. If substantiated, citizens can hold multiple passports at the same time.
Applicants must submit the following:
Czech birth certificate;
Czech marriage/divorce certificate (obligatory in case of Czech citizens who are married or divorced);
Consular fee (payable when you come to collect the passport)
Previously issued Czech/Czechoslovak passport;
Declaration of Czech Citizenship Declaration (DOC, 52 KB) (please fill out and bring with you)
A passport picture can be of the standard 4,5 x 3,5 cm size or larger (for example 5 x 5 cm). We suggest arranging for the photograph in a photo shop near the Embassy which already has an experience with the specifics (for example Ibn Gvirol 31, Tel Aviv).
The photograph for a biometric passport must satisfy all the following criteria:
– Photographs may not be older than six months.
– Photographs must be in sharp focus and clear, printed on high-quality paper at high resolution.
– You must look straight at the camera. Facial expression must be neutral, the mouth must be shut.
– Eyes must be open and entirely visible.
– Red eyes or shadows on the face are not permitted.
– Eyes behind the glasses must be entirely visible, flash reflections are not permitted, and neither are tinted glasses.